We are so excited to be launching a new programme in school called 'Commando Joe's' centred around a character and life skills curriculum.
Each half term will have a different focus on a adventurer or explorer with a different mission each week. These include explorers like Sir Ranulph Fiennes and Tim Peake.
Using this programme we aim to:
- Develop greater resilience in children
- Encourage a growth mindset
- Improve attitudes towards learning
- Increase school attendance
- Improve educational outcomes
- Improve and develop metacognition and self regulation
- Be a whole school approach from Nursery through to Year
It will help to develop children's:
- Self Awareness
If you would like to find out more, visit the link below
Our Year 4 children enjoying their first cricket session of the year.
Year 1 loved their cricket lesson. They worked really well as a team and were great sportsmen!
Physical education is a vital part of our everyday life at Scremerston First School. Through using the FUNS programme we aim to enable all children to acquire, develop and improve core skills and confidence in PE.
Our approach to teaching develops the learner as a whole and alongside physical skills, encourages learners to reflect on and improve their skills in the other 5 areas; creative, cognitive, personal, social and health and fitness.