In addition to the books that the children have brought home there is also a range of online reading resources available for you to download and enjoy at home. Twinkl is offering parents one months free membership to their online resources by going to www.twinkl.co.uk/offer and entering the code UKTWINKLHELPS. Here you will find a range of reading comprehension activities and e books to keep the children reading regularly at home.
There are a range of online resources which the children can access at home as well as TT Rockstars which Year 2, 3 and 4 children have access to. Please use the links below.
Topmarks - www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games
TTRockstars - www.ttrockstars.com
Maths Playground - www.mathplayground.com/math-games.html
Maths Shed (free membership for 2 weeks) - www.mathshed.com
Go Noodle is a fantastic free resource that engages children through a wealth of movement and mindfulness videos which the children can join in with at home. Use the link to sign up now -
Here are some writing based tasks that you can complete over the coming weeks:
- Use www.literacyshed.com to access lots of animations in order to inspire writing.
- Write a conversation using inverted commas between your favourite characters.
- Use this book review template to recommend books to your friends.
- Write a diary entry each day so you can reflect on it in years to come.
- Spellings - The Spelling Shed are also offering parents a free 2 week trail so that you can access lots of games and resources at home. Access it here at www.spellingshed.com
- Handwriting paper has also been provided to some children in order to practice their handwriting.